Monday, July 30, 2007

wfi: a computer in the lounge in the mexican hotel.


my parents are in mexico - oaxaca to be exact - right now and i am house sitting for them.
today i received these two emails. this is exactly as they came - with the exception of me removing stuff that is nonsensical to outsiders. ...not that this is so "sensical". but here they are, in all their caps locked glory.


this one is from my dad,

I COULD PICK UP SPANISH IF I HAD SOME MORE TIME. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A CHINAMEN BABBLING AWAY IN SPANISH, ITS REALLY ODD?
SO MY BACK IS KILLING ME, AND WE HAVE TOLEAVE FOR THE AIRPORT AT 5:00 IN THE MORNING, LOOK OUT PEOPLE I WILL BE FOUL. BY THE WAY DO NOT GIVE uncle John your e-mail, he will flood you with rubbish and you will get pissed off.
that's all babe, see you in a few days, pick up all the beer cans and roches,we will inspect the house when we get back. adios sass, DAD


chinamen???

and from mom,

HEY SASHAPOO!..WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO THE VILLAGES IN 15 MIN W/ OUR TOUR GUIDE JUAN RUIZ...I JUST DIDSOMETHING STUPID AND DRANK A GULP OF AGUA WHICH WAS NOT BOTTLED AT BREAKFAST...THE WAITER GOOFED AND I AM JUST PRAYING THAT I DON'T GET SICK..I HAVE BEEN SO DILIGENT ABOUT FOOD HERE!!! I KNOW THIS WILL LURK IN MY BRAIN...HOPE THAT IT DOESN'T MAKE ITS WAY TO MY ESTOMAGO!!!!...WE JUST MET A BMW DEALER FROM MEXICO CITY WHO HAS A WIFE NAMED MERCEDES!!! THAT'S THE TRUTH AND HE CALLS HER BEEMER!!!...WHEN WE RETURN I WILL CALL U WHEN WE GET OFF THE PLANE PROVIDING MY CELL WORKS...I WILL SEE IF I CAN CHARGE IT HERE...AS 4 AMY...WHAT DOES SHE HEAR FROM JORDAN??? HAVE HER TELL HIM TO E MAIL ME BECAUSE THAT IS SOMETHING WE DO EASILY IN THE LOUNGE AREA AT OUR HOTEL...WILL CHECK IN W/ YOU LATER TODAY..THIS MAY BE MORE EFFICIENT THAN THE PHONE! XOX

U? 4?? estomogo ESTOMOGO??

jesus christ.


(image courtesy of google search: "caps lock", but only after a google search of "old people not understanding how a keyboard works" yielded no results...)

No comments: